With years of experience and the best technology, Total Drainage Services are experts in finding solutions to blocked drains in Bristol and the surrounding areas. We have trained specialists on call who are skilled at carrying out excavation repairs to damaged or blocked drains both inside and outside your home or business premises, creating solutions to any drainage issue. We have nationally accredited technicians that are able to operate excavation machines, CCTV drain survey equipment, and other mobile specialist equipment. Our drainage technicians are available to carry out any minor and major repairs and installations, including septic tanks and sewage treatment plants. Total Drainage Services are here for you whenever you need us, day or night, so look no further than us when you’re in need of a drainage contractor.
Some drain blockages will require more extensive excavation and repairs because of the uniqueness of modern drainage systems, which are especially common in new builds and newly renovated homes. These drainage services will usually be determined and worked on when necessary, although if you feel like a problem may be arising, we are here to preempt any issues which could lead to blockages and repairs with our drain maintenance service. We also offer a range of specialist services across Bristol, including high access works and jet washing.
Blocked Drains Tips
From foreign objects that have been dropped down the drain by accident to heavy build-up of hair and grease, there are many reasons why your household can be experiencing blocked drains and many ways to prevent blocked drains, which are tips on how to avoid.
Understanding exactly how each issue is caused and what you can do to prevent these from occurring can be highly beneficial for avoiding future problems.
Tips To Avoid Blocked Drains
- Cooking Grease Disposal – When disposing of cooking grease, ensure to never pour grease down the sink. Wait for it to cool and place in the bin.
- Run Water Using The Waste Disposer – This will prevent any thicker liquid or solids from clogging your drains.
- Never Flush Non Toilet Paper Produce – This will lead to heavy blocking, so only ever flush toilet paper.
- Regularly Pour Boiling Water Down Your Drain – Boiling water should remove any debris or grease from your drains if there is a small build-up.
- Use A Drain Stainer – These can remove most debris that goes in your sink before it falls down your drain. These can be bought in many stores.
Preventing Grease Build Up In Your Drains
While the use of some fats, oils and grease is vital for cooking, they are not good at all for the drains and pipes in your plumbing systems, so here are some of the best solutions to avoiding grease build-ups as these are arguably the most common cause for blocked dtains
Here at Total Drainage Services, our drainage experts will help you to avoid these costly repairs by letting you know some solutions to avoid greasy drains, which are listed below:
- Avoid putting grease down your drains at any point
- Invest in grease traps for all drains
- Recycle your cooking oils and grease after use
- Use disposable absorption materials
- Get your drains cleaned regularly