Total Drainage Service is a team of experts in finding solutions to blocked drains in Bristol and surrounding areas. We have specialists that are more than capable to carry out excavation repairs to damaged drainage whether inside the building or outside, in the garden or driveway for example. All drain clearance works are our speciality.
We have accredited operatives that use excavation machines, CCTV drain survey equipment and other mobile specialist equipment to carry out minor and major repairs and installations, such as septic tanks and sewage treatment plants whenever you need us at your service. Some drains require more intensive excavation and repairs due to being more unique, which will be determined and work will be implemented when necessary.
Blocked Drains Tips
From foreign objects that have been dropped down the drain by accident to heavy build-up of hair and grease, there are many reasons why your household can be experiencing blocked drains and many ways to prevent blocked drains, which are tips on how to avoid.
Understanding exactly how each issue is caused and what you can do to prevent these from occurring can be highly beneficial for avoiding future problems.
Tips To Avoid Blocked Drains
- Cooking Grease Disposal – When disposing of cooking grease, ensure to never pour grease down the sink. Wait for it to cool and place in the bin.
- Run Water Using The Waste Disposer – This will prevent any thicker liquid or solids from clogging your drains.
- Never Flush Non Toilet Paper Produce – This will lead to heavy blocking, so only ever flush toilet paper.
- Regularly Pour Boiling Water Down Your Drain – Boiling water should remove any debris or grease from your drains if there is a small build-up.
- Use A Drain Stainer – These can remove most debris that goes in your sink before it falls down your drain. These can be bought in many stores.
Preventing Grease Build Up In Your Drains
While the use of some fats, oils and grease is vital for cooking, they are not good at all for the drains and pipes in your plumbing systems, so here are some of the best solutions to avoiding grease build-ups as these are arguably the most common cause for blocked dtains
Here at Total Drainage Services, our drainage experts will help you to avoid these costly repairs by letting you know some solutions to avoid greasy drains, which are listed below:
- Avoid putting grease down your drains at any point
- Invest in grease traps for all drains
- Recycle your cooking oils and grease after use
- Use disposable absorption materials
- Get your drains cleaned regularly