It is also best to get in touch with an expert drainage contractor when experiencing problems with blocked drains, however, there are many tips for preventing blocked drains from occurring in the future.
Total Drainage Service is a team of experts in finding solutions to blocked drains in Bristol and surrounding areas. We have specialists that are more than capable to carry out excavation repairs to damaged drainage whether inside the building or outside, in the garden or driveway for example. All drainage works are our speciality.
We have accredited operatives that use excavation machines and other mobile specialist equipment to carry out minor and major repairs and installations, such as septic tanks and sewage treatment plants whenever you need us at your service. Some drains require more intensive excavation and repairs due to being more unique, which will be determined and work will be implemented when necessary.
From foreign objects that have been dropped down the drain by accident to heavy build-up of hair and grease, there are many reasons why your household can be experiencing blocked drains and many solutions to resolving these issues.
Understanding exactly how each issue is caused and what can resolve the issue can be an opportunity to be better at stopping it in the future and resolving at a lower cost.
What Can Be Put Down Your Drain To Help With The Issue?
- Boiling Water – Pour as much as possible to dissolve obstructions before calling a professional.
- Vinegar and Bicarbonate of Soda – Pour around 1/3 of a cup of each into the drain for an hour, before hot water to clean and dissolve the drain.
- Use a Plunger – An old school method that may do the trick before the arrival of a drainage contractor.
- Chemical Cleaners – Supermarket chemical cleaners may unblock minor drainage blockages without the need for a drainage contractor.
- Biological Cleaners – These are similar to chemical cleaners, but far more environmentally friendly, and may unblock minor drainage blockages without the need for a drainage contractor.
Preventing Grease Build Up In Your Drains
While the use of some fats, oils and grease is vital for cooking, they are not good at all for the drains and pipes in your plumbing systems, so here are some of the best solutions to avoiding grease build-ups.
Here at Total Drainage Services, our drainage experts will help you to avoid these costly repairs by letting you know some solutions to avoid greasy drains:
- Avoid putting grease down your drains
- Invest in grease traps
- Recycle your cooking oils and grease
- Use disposable absorption materials
- Get your drains cleaned