Blocked drains are considered by many to be one of the worst household emergencies – yet they also affect businesses. The symptoms consist of unpleasant odours, water damage and property damage and may be inconvenient for a homeowner, but for a business it can result in loss of clients, staff displeasure and costly repairs that could have been prevented. Here at Total Drainage Services Ltd we have extensive experience providing professional drainage services, as such we know the tips which you could use to prevent blocked drains Birmingham occurring for homeowners and businesses alike.
Firstly – monitor what is placed down the drains inside the property. Obviously this is slightly harder for businesses, but you can put signs up warning members of staff not to do the following:
- Flush foreign objects down the toilet.
- Force food down the kitchen sink
- Pour fat or grease down the sink
Doing any of the above, in a business or home will result in blocked drains. For your outdoor drains you will need to check the following on a regular basis;
- Check outdoor drains and man holes to check that they are free flowing. If it is slow you will need to call in a professional to inspect your drains.
- Double check down pipes and gutters – if neglected they can cause serious problems of damp and roof damage meaning you may have to fund a costly roof repair Banbury.
- Remove any debris from your drains as this should prevent any damage from occurring in the future.
In some cases, it is a time restriction which prevents all of these measures from being enforced. If this is the case, then you should contact a professional drainage company. Here at Total Drainage Services Ltd we have the experience and the skill to be able to maintain or clear your drains on your behalf. All of our engineers are comprehensively trained to ensure that a high quality service is delivered to our customers time and time again.
If you would like further information regarding our drainage services, please do not hesitate to contact us. With our expert help and these tips you could avoid blocked drains Birmingham, and prevent them from occurring altogether.
Disclaimer of Endorsement: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by Total Drainage Services Ltd. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of Total Drainage Services Ltd, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.